Georgia is one of the countries located on the border of Western Asia and Eastern Europe and is trying to be recognized as a member of the European Union. This country is situated East of the Black Sea and is known as one of the most attractive tourist countries. Tour to Georgia is one of the most popular foreign tours among Iranians, which takes place most of the days of the year, but in the spring, it takes on a different color and flavor. It is necessary to travel to Georgia to know the characteristics of this country, such as geographical location, area, population, capital, tourist cities, language, religion, and its geographical map.
In this article, we have tried to prepare the appropriate material to guide you about the situation of this country in a related way. If you are planning a trip with Georgia Tours, we suggest you go with us by reading this article.
Where is Georgia?
If you have never been to Georgia, you might want to know where this country is in this vast world. Just like Turkey, Georgia is an Asian country. This means that one part is in Asia and the other is in Europe.
According to geographical studies, this country is located in the Caucasus region and borders Russia in the northern parts. As one of the Muslim countries, the Republic of Azerbaijan is located on the outskirts of this country and in the east and southeast. Turkey and Armenia are also found in southern Georgia. The western parts also adjoin the Black Sea.
What is the symbol of Georgia?
Georgia’s national coat of arms is a man riding a white horse named Holy George. This martyr who lived before the arrival of Islam was a Christian martyr who is considered a symbol of the Georgian state in Eurasia.
Area and population of Georgia
Georgia is known as one of the smallest countries in population and area. Of course, this fact is significant for a country like Iran because many countries do not differ in the territory and people from the land of Georgia.
According to the last census, this country, with an area of 69,700 square kilometers, had a population of 3 million and 700 thousand people; interestingly, almost 45% of the population of this country lives in Tbilisi.
server ah girl
The most touristic cities in Georgia
Language, religion, and religion of the Georgian people
Trip to Georgia
If you want to travel to this country at the best possible time, choose the spring season, as the air temperature is favorable and balanced. Fall also has mild weather, and temperatures in several cities in Georgia aren’t so high that they bother you. It’s not so cold that you must dress warmly, but be aware that the fall sky is not as clear and clean as the Georgian sky in the spring season.
How is Georgia’s economy doing?
Map of Georgia
What is the currency of Georgia?
Where should we go when we go to Georgia?
What languages do the people of Georgia speak?
What are the laws of Georgia?
As you know, to enter any country, you need to know the rules and regulations of that country before you travel so that you can follow those rules. Georgia has set regulations for foreign tourists on the same topic. Among these rules:
- Do not take any antidepressants. Even acetaminophen without a doctor’s prescription
- Prohibition of driving drugs that cause narcotics, analgesics, psychotropic substances, and various cold and hot weapons.
- Carry-on luggage is prohibited when traveling to Georgia.
- Personal or commercial property of more than 100 kilograms is prohibited.
- If you bring more than 20 kilograms of personal or non-commercial luggage, you must pay a tax of one Georgian currency per kilogram.
- Ordinary people must enter and exit goods according to the rules.
- It has been possible to export all kinds of handicrafts and art in this country abroad under the supervision and permission of the Ministry of Education.
- You can only take twenty packs of cigarettes into Georgia, and many more will be charged.
- Your pets must be checked, and you must bring their health certificate.
- There is no need to pay taxes when you leave Georgia.
What tourist attractions does Georgia have?
Georgia’s cities are unique, and their attractions attract every tourist. Its towns have houses of different shapes, narrow streets, spiral staircases, beautiful beaches, quaint balconies, and old churches, making the cities attractive. The following can be mentioned among the beautiful tourist cities of Georgia.
- Tbilisi is the largest city and capital of Georgia
- Batumi is one of the beautiful coastal cities of Georgia
- Mestia, its beauty has turned it into a tourist town in Georgia.
- Spantsminda is one of the first and oldest towns in Georgia.
- Motsakhta is one of the oldest cities, spanning three thousand years.
- Gori, a city near Tbilisi
- Singing in Georgia dates back to the Bronze Age.
Frequently asked questions about Georgia